As a licensed psychotherapist, I enjoy supporting people as they find creative ways to live in alignment with their whole selves – body, mind, heart, and spirit.
Clients I work with tend to start therapy with one or more of the following complaints:
- difficulty navigating intimate relationships
- outward appearances of success yet inward feelings of emptiness
- difficulty identifying feelings, needs, desires, ambitions
- depression, anxiety, or both
- chronic feelings of overwhelm or dysregulation
- low self-esteem and shame
- eco-anxiety and despair about the state of the world
- burnout, exhaustion, compassion fatigue
- chronic pain and illness
- obsessive, compulsive, or addictive behaviors
- difficulty managing stress
- difficulty navigating a transition or making an important life decision
- grief and other difficult feelings regarding a loss
With a safe and trusting therapeutic relationship as the foundation of my work with clients, I draw from a variety of treatment approaches, including the relational, experiential, somatic, trauma-focused, and mindfulness-based therapies. My approach is equally informed by evidence-based practices (including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Trauma Focused CBT, Exposure Therapy, Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy, Motivational Enhancement Therapy, Harm Reduction Therapy) as it is by my intuitive understanding of what a client is needing based on many years of experience – and it is always a collaborative process that is tailored to each client’s unique growth process.
In addition to symptom relief, I see the overarching goals of psychotherapy as being a deepened understanding of oneself and a greater sense of freedom and possibility in one’s experience of life. Clients have reported the following changes in the course of our work together:
- deepened self awareness
- improved quality of relationships
- resiliency in the face of adversity and change
- clearer understanding of life purpose
- the feeling of being ‘in the driver’s seat’ again
- greater self-compassion and compassion for others
- the feeling of being ‘settled’ inside
- greater access to creativity
- stronger ability to make conscious behavioral choices
- living well with pain
- recovering from chronic depression and anxiety
To learn about my training and who I am, click About Shane.
If you would like to work with me, please contact me by phone or email to setup a free initial phone consultation.